Cordia Resources is partnered with a privately owned real-estate finance company who is seeking an Analyst II
to join their team on a hybrid basis! Details Below.
Hybrid - McLean, VA
$75,000 - $85,000
The Analyst II will report to a Portfolio Manager and perform acquisition/dispositions and portfolio management.
Prior experience with real estate transactions and real estate underwriting is required!
- Support, with guidance, all aspects of existing client requests, communicate with clients and vendors, prepare/present recommendations to senior management and Investment Committee, coordinate and review legal documentation, and participate in closing coordination.
- Client requests include construction and improvement fundings, subleases, amendments, assignments, landlord consents, easements, and condemnations.
- Perform ongoing credit analysis of clients’ tenants, including monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews, as appropriate.
- Recommend clients for Credit Watch or Monitoring and prepare memos for senior management and Investment Committee accordingly.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of critical deal components and assigned accounts, including lease and property details.
- Review documents from tenants and monitor compliance with terms of leases, financings, and post-closing/environmental compliance agreements.
- Coordinate and perform periodic site visits for property inspections and local market understanding.
- Develop communication skills through frequent coordination between all internal departments and team members, clients, prospective tenants, and 3rd party vendors.
- Communicate and review portfolio information and updates appropriately to ensure accurate records and reporting.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Crowe Portfolio Analyzer for Lenders and Salesforce systems and use them to maintain oversight of deliverables and key property and lease information for assigned accounts.
- Utilize CoStar and other market valuation resources to assist in developing recommendations to address near-term lease expirations, relocation analyses, and lease extension or exit strategies.
- Collaborate with clients associates by performing ad hoc reporting to support client presentations, financings, investor requests, legal matters, and quarterly asset fair value appraisals.
Process & Personnel Development
- Support the underwriting process for the acquisition/disposition of clients assets, to include attending site visits, credit underwriting, review and negotiation of legal documents (purchase agreements, leases, and guarantees), real estate due diligence, and closing coordination with outside vendors and internal departments.
- Coordinate and review 3rd party real estate due diligence (Appraisal, BOV, Property Condition/Structural, Zoning, Environmental, Survey, Title, Seismic).
- Support the development of Letters of Intent (LOI’s), including, reviewing financials and return analyses, abstracting leases, and summarizing property characteristics.
- Assist with the identification of strengths, risks, and mitigants of deals, contribute to the development of sound recommendations to present to Investment Committee, and support the negotiation and implementation of agreed upon solutions.
- Prepare and present final Investment Committee memoranda.
- Coordinate and complete post-closing activities, including closing binder review/filing and satisfactory tracking and timely resolution of deal post-closing items.
- Collaborate with Real Estate Owned (REO) department on lease exits and dispositions, including real estate due diligence review and tenant negotiations/communications.
- Support the development of other employees.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for select topics and contribute to the company reference library and establishment of best practices.
- Coordinate and contribute to training sessions.
- Contribute and actively participate in the planning and implementation of the internship program.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring intern and full-time candidates.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant business field.
- Work experience: A minimum of two years of commercial credit, accounting, finance, asset management or real estate experience required.
- Technical competencies: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational, time management, and written and oral communication skills required.