Cordia is partnered with a well-established and growing non-profit who is seeking a Director of Accounting
to join their team on a contract basis! Details below.
Director of Accounting
Hybrid - Tysons, VA
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Supports organization financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations and directing staff.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations for strategic thinking and direction, and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies, designing systems, accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information, and advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting tax strategies to management, and filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margins by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing returns and recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- BS or BA in accounting
- Three to six years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Accounting management experience
- Experience supervising accounting staff
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Business to business selling skills
- State and federal tax laws
- Property and sales tax laws
- Computer accounting software skills
- Project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Focused on results
- Mindful of deadlines
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.