We are seeking an AWS Data Engineer to join our growing team. The qualified applicant will play a key role in the data warehouse migration as part of the Enterprise Data Analytic Services program at a federal agency located in Alexandria, VA. Hybrid work options are available.
AWS Data Engineer is responsible for the development and support of cloud-based solutions. Solutions include moving assets from on-premise to cloud environment, evaluation, and optimization. The person in this role will collaborate and work as a team to ensure the success of the team. If cutting-edge data projects resonate with you and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven agency, we'd love to learn more about you.
- Work on automating migration process for RDS and RedShift scripts in AWS from Dev to Production.
- Performance tune RDS/RedShift SQL queries.
- Maintain/resize the clusters for RDS and RedShift.
- Advise the engineering and software engineering team as they migrate from on-premise to cloud infrastructure.
- Optimize cloud workloads for cost, scalability, availability, governance, compliance, etc.
- Guide and/or provide hands-on support to administer production, staging, and deployment environments.
- Partner and multi-disciplinary teams to understand requirements and plan architecture and solutions.
- Apply insight and expertise across AWS services.
- Apply knowledge of scripting and automation using tools like PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of AWS Services, including computing, storage networking, database, management tools, security, identity, and compliance.
- Good knowledge of RDS Postgres and AWS Redshift.
- 5+ years of experience in AWS (EC2, Glue, S3, Redshift, Python programming).
- Experience implementing and debugging workloads in AWS.
- Good knowledge of creating CFTs.
- Experience building infrastructure inside of AWS via code. Familiarity with tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- 5+ years of experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS.
- Experience using ETL tools such as Alteryx, Snap Logic, Matillion, SAS DI Studio, Informatica, or equivalent tools.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, data science, computer science, or related field of study.
- AWS and/or Data Science certification is a plus!
- Ability to attain and retain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Full Time
- Hybrid work schedule