Cordia Resources is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant
to join a mission-driven non-profit on a contract
basis. As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application for accounting transactions, preparing GL account reconciliations, the monthly close and providing financial reporting in a fast-paced environment.
Hybrid - Arlington, VA
$40.00 - $45.00/hour
Prior experience supporting audit preparation and reconciliation is required
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial reporting and the general ledger structure
- Perform assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Provide support or act as accounting lead in enterprise-wide initiatives and assist in other special projects, including tax projects, merger and acquisition related activities, and new products offered by business units.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the Corporate Accounting team by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other team members.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) and or Finance
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP required.
- Strong written and oral communication and ability to relate and communicate effectively across all levels of staff inside and outside the department.
- Hands-on, energetic, organized, team player with proven ability to adapt quickly in a changing environment and facilitate change, multitask effectively and work independently.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.