Cordia is partnered with an innovative and well-established non-profit who is seeking a Controller
to join their team on a contract basis! Details below.
Hybrid - Washington, DC
- Overseeing operations within the Accounting department, to include but not limited to all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition and various special analyses
- Assist and\or review preparation of tax and other government filings
- Researching technical accounting issues as required
- Recommend and implement accounting procedures to minimize internal control weaknesses
- Reviewing departmental day-to-day processes and procedures to streamline and identify process improvement opportunity
- Managing month-end and annual general ledger close process
- Managing year-end financial audit process, including interaction/correspondence with external auditors
- Responsibility for preparing timely and accurate financial statements, including preparation of consolidation
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related.
- CPA highly preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on financial management experience within a government contracting environment with working knowledge of government contracts, including fixed price, cost-plus, and T&M.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with post-qualification experience
- Strong focus on controls and processes and high attention to detail
- The ability to work closely with external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for engaging with business partners and ensuring processes are being followed
- Strong people manager who can evidence prior development of staff
- Confidence to challenge senior opinions and maintain positive working relationship
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues
- Hands-on experience using Deltek Costpoint
- Must be able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.