Cordia Resources is partnered with one of the oldest and largest single lifescience organization in the world who is seeking a strong Senior Accountant
to join their growing team on an interim basis. Details Below!
Hybrid - Washington, DC
In this role, you will primarily focus on the maintenance and reconciliation of credit card payments and payment gateways, transactional research, General Ledger set-ups, and participate in the monthly close process via journal entries, reconciliations and account clean-ups as necessary.
Principal Functions of the Job
- Enter bills and process checks
- Prepare deposits and enter deposits and ACH bank transactions in the accounting software
- Process the bi-weekly payroll and record in the accounting software
- Prepare monthly reports for each grant and contract
- Review staff timesheets to ensure that time is correctly allocated to the assigned grants and contracts
- Assist with grant and contract budget proposals • Monitor grant and contract expenditures and compare to the approved budgets
- Prepare expenditure reports to the funders in accordance with the required timing dictated by the funder and provide the supporting documentation
- Monitor the grant reporting deadlines for all contracts and grants and meet the expenditure report deadlines
- Follow-up with funders on the status of the proposals, grant modifications, and payment status
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with the requirements of funders
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assist the Controller in preparing the annual organizational budget
- Assist the Controller and auditors with the financial audit and preparation of the Form 990
- Monitor cash flow and report on cash status on a weekly basis
- Monitor the agency's grant vouchering system to ensure that grant funds are coming in accordance with the grant/contract agreements
- Attend agency fundraisers and events as requested
- Serve as a member of the management team and perform other duties as needed or assigned by the Executive Director or Assistant Director
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.