Cordia is partnered with a premier multi-faceted corporation and franchisor, who is seeking a Controller
to join their team on a contract to hire basis! As the Controller, you will manage the day-to-day accounting operations, including overseeing the month-end close, preparing financial statements, and working with outside auditors. Details below!
Hybrid - Frederick, MD
$60.00 - $75/hour
Contract to Hire
- Overseeing operations within the Accounting department, to include but not limited to all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition and various special analyses
- Assist and\or review preparation of tax and other compliance filings
- Researching technical accounting issues as required
- Recommend and implement accounting procedures to minimize internal control weaknesses
- Reviewing departmental day-to-day processes and procedures to streamline and identify process improvement opportunity
- Managing month-end and annual general ledger close process
- Managing year-end financial audit process, including interaction/correspondence with external auditors
- Responsibility for preparing timely and accurate financial statements, including preparation of consolidated financials
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related.
- CPA highly preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on financial management experience within a multi-entity organization
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues
- Hands-on experience using various ERP systems
- Must be able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Proficient Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.