Unique, growth-focused Accounting position in Loudoun County has come open with one of more exciting, growing clients. This company is experiencing organic, unique growth and is adding a Senior Accountant to help the Controller perform corporate and industry accounting duties and projects.
Seeking level-headed, team-minded Senior-level Accountant to support the Controller, while performing and coordinating various accounting duties to help keep pace with recent, notable growth.
Significant growth opportunity for the right person.
This position is IN-office daily. Culture is welcoming, supportive, flexible and ready to motivate and incentive the right person.
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Analyzing and preparing financial statements, variance and account reconciliations
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Managing internal controls
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Management of commission payment process
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets and debt schedules
- Maintaining and analyzing construction contract status / work in progress reports
- Assisting in auditing and taxation processes of the company.
- Support and oversee Junior Staff/Accounting Assistant(s)
- Investigating and resolving audit findings and account discrepancies.
- Processing bi-weekly payroll with third-party payroll firm; Reconciliation of payroll with general ledger
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Review and analyze capitalization of costs. Ensure compliance with policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- AA in Accounting acceptable if pursuing a four-year degree.
- CPA path is a helpful but required
- Two or more (2+) years of corporate accounting experience required
- Ideal years of training is three-to-six (3-6)
- Experience from the real estate industries preferred/helpful (construction, property management etc.)
- Any exposure to construction job cost accounting is considered helpful.
- Good understanding of GAAP, general accounting, cash versus accrual etc.
- MS Excel skills are required
- Familiarity with helping preparing financial statements desired
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process is required
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages is helpful (QuickBooks is acceptable)
- Should be an open, transparent communicator to team and stakeholders
- Show willingness to help out as needed, as this is a growing accounting department and corporate office
- Be excited about being mentored and trained by a proven, respected accounting leader with great tenure and history with the company
- Compensation range: $65,000 - $80,000 base salary
- Target bonus is discretionary but fair and flexible for the right candidate
- Benefits: PTO, 401k, strong medical/health etc.
- Good work & life balance
- Future growth opportunities within growing accounting and finance department
- Accessible location in downtown Purcellville, VA location
- Work for reasonable, supportive leaders/owners who are building a rare, well-balanced culture and company.