Our client is a $500m commercial and residential furniture rental company in Northern, VA. They are seeking to add a rising star Staff Accountant to their growing GL team. This position is expected to assist in many aspects of the company’s accounting processes. This position reports to a great Accounting Manager that loves to mentor and train. This role is in office full time for three months and then will move to a hybrid schedule. Salary will be between $65k-$70k depending on experience.
Job Responsibilities: :
- Prepare Daily Cash position and Cash Forecast by running various bank reports.
- Send wires and ACH transfers which include payroll, customer and vendors.
- Monitor and administer the revolving line of credit and report to the Controller.
- Reconcile Cash accounts, credit card accounts and bank accounts and clear reconciling differences in a timely manner.
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Respond to inquiries from customers such as credit card disputes regularly
- Administer the purchase card program for the entire company and administer corporate travel cards.
- Complete various census reports in a timely manner.
- The cash accountant will assist with the quarter end, yearend close and financial reporting process. The cash accountant will also assist with the yearend tax package.
- Ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. .
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PeopleSoft.
- Attention to detail, analytical and being proactive would assist in performing the job efficiently and effectively.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
For immediate consideration, please send resumes to email@example.com
Cordia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.