Cordia is partnered with a $50M high-precision manufacturing company
who is seeking a Senior Accountant
to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis. Details below!
$35.00 - $45.00
Contract to Hire
The Senior Accountant position will be responsible for completing the preparation and analysis on their assigned areas of the monthly close process including monthly general ledger closing activities, external reporting, and management reporting. Those responsibilities further include maintaining and verifying our general ledger financial transactions, reconciling account balances and bank statements, and preparing month-end close procedures.
A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The Team Member will be responsible ensuring accuracy and effectiveness of all tasks and timely completion in accordance with established deadlines, as well as interfacing with internal and external audit. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Complete assigned portions of the general ledger close process
- Prepare monthly close journal entries and/or consolidation journal entries
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, as required
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Prepare financial statements and assist with preparing external reporting schedules including for footnote disclosures
- Involved in performing analysis on financial statement line items and preparing schedules to be included in monthly financial close reporting
- Participate in monthly forecast process
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and analysis
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting principles
- Liaise with our Accounting Manager and Controller to improve financial procedures
- Prepare consolidated ad hoc reports for management or external stakeholders
- Utilize the Company’s accounting policies and memos to understand the proper accounting treatment for items related to their responsibilities
- Update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and provide supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Provide input into department's goal setting process
- Perform special projects or other job duties as assigned
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Licensed or in the process of obtaining a CPA license is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- 4 years of relevant experience required
- Big 4 accounting experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of and experience with US GAAP and accounting operations
- Advanced in MS Excel with using pivot tables and advanced data analysis formulas is a plus
- Experience with Intacct is a plus, requires experience with accounting software
- Strong ability in managing changing priorities
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ideal candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organization skills, thrive in a fast-paced environment and a keen attention to detail
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare
program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.