Cordia is partnered with a nationally-leading manufacturing company who is seeking an Accounts Payable (AP) Manager
to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis. Details below!
Accounts Payable (AP) Manager
$35.00 - $40.00
Contract to Hire
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness for reporting of all accounts payable monthly financial information.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Monitors and analyzes accounts payable department workload to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine accounting transactions.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Collaborates with the department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from the Assistant Controller, Controller, CFO, and other firm wide managers regarding financial information, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Assistant Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support special projects, SOX and workflow process improvements.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Licensed or in the process of obtaining a CPA license is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- 4 years of relevant experience required preference for 5 or more
- Big 4 accounting experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of and experience with GAAP, FASBs and accounting operation
- Experience with managing the accounts payable process
- Experience with Intacct is a plus, requires experience with accounting software
- Tech savvy to support various software including Expensify, Tableau, Retool and more
- Expert in MS Excel with using pivot tables and advanced data analysis formulas
- Strong ability in managing a team and changing priorities
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ideal candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organization skills, thrive in a fast-paced environment and a keen attention to detail
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare
program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.