Our client is a $60m globally run non-profit focused on global disaster relief and development. Due to growth in the organization, they are adding an Accounting Manager to their team. This position will be a heavy mixture of client interfacing and overseeing the accounting processes. It will also focus on Grant Making and 501c4 accounts. This position will report to an awesome Controller and can be fully remote. This person must have 501c3 AND 501c4 experience. Along with great benefits and PTO, the salary for this role will be between $110k-$120k depending on experience.
- Manage financial operations for assigned clients, ensuring internal controls are in place and followed.
- Review and deliver accurate client reports and analysis in a timely manner.
- Document accounting policies and procedures and maintain the accounting manual.
- Oversee client cash management and potentially investment management.
- Develop and manage budgets and cash forecasting for clients.
- Assist with grant application budgets and financial components, as well as tracking awarded grants.
- Manage audit and tax processes and ensure timely reporting.
- Lead and coach the accounting staff, promoting teamwork and customer service.
- Create and review financial reports for client board meetings.
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting standards (GAAP or IFRS).
- Ensure timely completion of organization's audit, tax, and compliance filings.
- Coordinate with legal, insurance, IT, and banking committees and board members on behalf of clients.
- Act as a point of contact for external vendors/consultants and grantees.
- Manage client agreements, changes, and renewals.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required; CPA or MBA desirable.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Experience in non-profit accounting and/or management, including both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations.
- Experience with donor grant agreements, grant management, and restricted grant accounting.
- Experience with grant-making processes, including development, review, tracking, and reporting.
- Knowledge of banking cash management systems.
- Demonstrated project leadership and ability to manage multiple clients, relationships, and staff.
- Strong customer service attitude and ability to build relationships.
- Attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and effective communication.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with online accounting platforms and IT networking knowledge is a plus.
For great work life balance and opportunity to join a great team, please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
Cordia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.