Cordia Resources is working with a nonprofit located in Alexandria, VA who is seeking a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate must be a degreed accountant and someone who can work a 40-hour work week with small amounts of extra hours. A seasoned, 5–7-year person who is used to working in a professional office setting and have an accounting degree from an accredited US University.
Compensation is in the range of $75,000 -$85,000 per year depending on experience. Hybrid role with 3 days in office, 2 days work from home.
Candidates need to have:
· Post monthly journal entries to the general ledger
· Prepare month-end reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
· Analyze and prepare adjusting journal entries
· Month-end close experience
· Grants and endowment
· Year-end close procedures
· Journal entries and consolidation
Industry: Nonprofit organization
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reporting to: Director of Budgeting and Financial Analysis
Compensation: $65,000 -$75,000
Software: MS Excel, MS Dynamics or Great Plains a plus
Work Schedule: Hybrid - 3 Days in Office, 2 Days Remote
Location: Alexandria/Arlington area.
· BA / BS Accounting
· 5-7 years of corporate, non-profit (or both) experience – Good tenure please
· Strong Excel, MS Dynamics or Great Plains a plus
· Lots of projects upcoming, system conversion, etc.
· Grants Acct a plus but not needed.