Cordia is partnered with an internationally accredited non-profit organization who is seeking an Accountant to join their team on a 3-6 month contract basis. Details below!
Location: On-Site - Manassas, VA
Hourly Rate: $35.00 - $45.00/hour
Job Type: Contract (3-6 month)
The Accounting Specialist for Accounts Receivable maintains accounting records in support of major activities such as accounts receivable. Supports General Ledger Activities.
- Responsible for timely billing to funders of all Rehabilitative services including DRS and Medicaid.
- Timely billing and entry of Rehabiltative services into the accounting system and external portals.
- Responsible for rebilling denied Rehabilitative payments and Medicaid claims.
- Maintain and update consumer data and rates in accounting system.
- Monthly reconcilation and review of posted Rehabilitative revenue.
- Research, reconcile and post cash receipts into accounting system.
- Responsible for notification and collections on delinquent accounts.
- Reporting Accounts Receivable concerns to department managers in a timely fashion.
- Prepares reports for distribution to management.
- Reconcile and calculate hours for Supported Employment Job Coach payments.
- Assist with Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist with the annual audit process.
- Maintains and modifies applicable standard operating procedures as needed.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, and external personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Fostering teamwork while balancing team and individual responsibilities; giving feedback to nurture a positive team spirit and quality performance; and modeling dependability, hard work, strong business ethics, and professional personal appearance.
- Fosters an atmosphere that promotes Human Rights for all consumers and ensures training, incident reporting, and awareness of responsibilities of all personnel regarding Human Rights matters.
- Completes and maintains all required training.
- High School diploma and 2 years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures and use of office machines, Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn new computer programs.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems.
- Ability to work independently and as a team with co-workers.