Our client is seeking a Principal Cyber Analytics Engineer to support the Diplomatic Security Cyber Mission (DSCM) program providing leading cyber and technology security experience to enable innovative, effective, and secure business processes. This position will work a rotating hybrid schedule in Beltsville, MD. WEEK 1 - 2 days onsite, 3 days remote WEEK 2 - 3 days onsite, 2 days remote
What you’ll do:
- Provide SME input for future-state solutions pertaining to cyber analytics, XDR, and cloud data management.
- Manage the administration of a growing 15 TB/day on-premises Splunk deployment, including both operating system and application aspects.
- Integrate new data sources and technologies into Splunk Enterprise using the Common Information Model (CIM).
- Onboard data by directly editing Splunk configuration files, utilizing RegEx skills as needed.
- Troubleshoot log feeds by effectively communicating with external departments in an enterprise environment.
- Apply upgrades and patches as necessary to maintain system security and compliance.
- Assist cyber analysts in solving complex big data search processing challenges using expert SPL knowledge.
- Support Splunk Enterprise Security and Ansible.
- The position will require several days per week working onsite in Beltsville, MD.
Basic Qualifications- To be considered for this position, you must at minimum meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 9 years of experience in IT. Masters in Data Analytics preferred. An additional 4 years of experience if no degree.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule
- Must have one of the following certifications or be able to obtain before start date: CASP+ CE, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA-Security, CCNP Security, CEH, CFR, CISA CISSP (or Associate) Cloud+, CySA+, GCED, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, OR SCYBER.
- Hands-on experience with Unix in a STIG environment.
- Proficiency in working with bash prompts, including editing configuration files and performing troubleshooting analysis with TCPDump.
- Prior Tier-1 Administrator experience, including familiarity with network protocols such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- At least 3 years of hands-on Splunk Administration experience in a multi-indexer search head cluster environment.
- Understanding of security-centric data sets.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and experience working in a cloud environment.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Must be a US citizen