Cordia is partnered with a $150M in revenue cyber-security government contractor who is seeking a Staff Accountant
to join their team. Details below!
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $65,000 -$75,000
Software: Deltek Costpoint – Desired but not required
Location: Hybrid - DMV area
- Assist with the month end close activities, including but not limited to the preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare daily cash reports, record cash receipts, and provide oversight for timely clearing of unapplied cash receipts.
- Process semi-monthly PTO accrual.
- Assist with accounts payable.
- Assist with T&E system administration including new hire and subcontractor setup, maintain resource licenses and work authorization.
- Supports the annual audit and incurred cost submission.
- Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned, to support the Accounting Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required and at least 2-5 of related experience.
- Knowledge of the government contracting industry.
- Experience working with Deltek Costpoint.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Utilizing good judgement, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to follow through on assigned duties.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Desire to be a part of and support a proven accounting team while having the ability to work independently to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Federal government regulations (FAR, JTR, GSA)
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off and 88 paid Holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.