Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is seeking an Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist
to join their team on a contract basis. Details below!
Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist
Hybrid - Washington, DC
Strong Excel skills are required
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Prepare invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies and resolve customer billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending reminders and contacting customers
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Data entry skills
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, sensitivity to other people and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with other Microsoft Office products (Word, Access)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Jamis Prime ERP
- Experience with use of Pivot Tables
- Familiar with accounting for federal grants and contracts
- Associates degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration