Our client is a non-profit association with a healthcare platform in Washington, DC looking to add an Accounting Manager to their team of 5 Accountants. This role will be focused on the managing the day to day accounting process including the GL, reconciliations, and month end close process. It will report into an awesome CFO and bein hybrid 3 days a week. This role will oversee several Staff/Senior Accountants as well. With strong benefits and generous PTO, this role's salary will go up to $120k depending on experience.
- Manages the day-to-day and overall finance and accounting process, including journal entries, month-end close, general ledger, bank and balance sheet account reconciliations, and payroll processing activities of the outside vendor.
- Prepares and produces accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and analyses for executive and board-level review. Generates forecast reports through financial reporting software (Prophix).
- Lead and manage the annual audit for AMCP and the AMCP Foundation by working closely with external auditors to complete financial statement audits within established deadlines and fees.
- Lead and manage the production, review, and submission of IRS form 990 for AMCP and the AMCP Foundation by working closely with the external tax firm.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of monthly financial statements and year-end closing.
- Manage cash flow and liquidity, optimizing investments and monitoring bank relationships.
- Ensure compliance with financial laws and regulations.
- Serve as a business partner to the CFO on the organization’s financial, budgeting, forecasting, and administrative processes with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Reconcile all accounts, ledgers, update schedules, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs, and both division budgets and actual expenditures.
- Manage and oversee the invoice processing, cash collection entry, and integration of the membership database (Fonteva/Salesforce) with the accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics SL).
- Manage and monitor accounts receivables and revenue accounting processes.
- Manage the expense reporting, invoice processing, and payment system in conjunction with the CFO and Senior Accountant. (Concur)
- Assess organizational spending and revenue patterns and recommend solutions to any areas to the CFO.
- Manage and file forms 1099 and 1096 to IRS.
- Implements consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all entities.
- Participate in special projects and other initiatives as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop accounting staff fostering a high-performance culture within the department. This position directly supervisors one exempt employee.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business management with at least five years of experience in a similar role; previous Accounting Manager or higher-level experience is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Prophix, financial reporting/budgeting /forecasting/dashboard/personnel management, Microsoft Dynamics SL or similar, Concur, Fonteva/Salesforce, and ADP Payroll system preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial regulations.
- Proficiency in accounting software and financial systems.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effectively plans, manages and coordinates tasks, projects, and activities to produce high-quality outcomes within established timelines.
For immediate consideration, please send resumes directly to email@example.com