Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a $1M non-profit organization based in Washington DC who is seeking a Staff Accountant
. The position is based in their Washington, DC headquarters and will provide accounting and administrative support to the Finance Department, supporting the firm’s accounts payable, accounts receivable, and overseeing areas of office administration.
Hybrid - Washington, DC
Contract (6+ months)
The Temporary Staff Accountant will exercise a high level of accountability and attention to detail and will demonstrate an ability to work both independently and within a team environment. The position reports to the Director of Finance.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Update and maintain general ledger transactions within QuickBooks, including detailed data entry to ensure clear documentation of all transactions
- Review Accounts Payable submissions for accuracy and proper adherence to policies and procedures and administer timely and accurate data entry into QuickBooks
- Assist with client invoices, including compiling support documentation, and data entry of client invoices into QuickBooks - Administer purchase orders and credit card reconciliations - Assist with wire/ACH payments preparation - Support other Finance Department functions, including posting of journal entries and generating financial reports for management review (if applicable)
- Maintain an electronic up-to-date, organized filing and data storage system - Other finance/accounting duties as required Administration
- Office Supplies – Occasionally facilitate office administration duties for the Washington, DC headquarters
- Monitor and initiate procurement of office supplies and equipment
- Miscellaneous administrative duties to support the team