Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is engaged in a search with an exciting Commercial Construction company seeking a Manager of Project Accounting! Premier client of ours we have made several placements with, and they are growing nicely. Great company culture, compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities. LOCAL CANDIDATES only please! Please see details below and apply ASAP if you are qualified and interested.
Summary/Overview of Company and Position
1. Premier Commercial Construction companies with Billions in revenues and are growing at a very fast pace.
2. JD Edwards – nice to have but isn’t required – any large ERP systems will suffice.
3. Must have management experience-as this oversees staff.
4. Want someone who has ability to report revenue and profits, forecasting, cashflows and risk evals
5. They have a great DEI campaign and presence in the company-which si rare for construction companies.
6. They are doing 2 days WFH 3 in office.
7. Very Solid benefits – 4-5% 401K match, Fantastic healthcare and good PTO.
Manager, Project Accounting
The Manager of Project Accounting will lead a team of Associates and Senior Associates responsible for business unit financials. This individual will report to the Director of Project Accounting and is responsible for reporting revenue and profit, forecasting, cash flow and risk, as well as the overall health of the project accounting teams.
• Responsible for the accurate reporting of financial results in accordance with GAAP and controls including revenue, profit and cash flow
• Prepare, distribute and maintain project-related financial reports
• Compile, analyze, and report data at the business unit level
• Continually assess and improve systems and manual processes related to project accounting
• Knowledge of internal controls (and their purpose) and ability to recommend changes and additions to policies / processes as needed
• Communicate, model and enforce Project Accounting and Company Policies and Procedures
• Serve as lead POC for internal audit; compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
• Communicates any potential risk to the Director and above
• Manage a forward-thinking view of departmental workload and capacity to drive optimum staff utilization and make staffing recommendations accordingly
• Train and support Accounting Associate & Senior Associate Staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience preferred.
• Five (5) to eight (8) years of accounting experience
• Experience with JD Edwards or other comparable ERP solution including analytical tools (BI)
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to implementation
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present and speak in public
• Ability to lead and mentor team members.
• Ability to influence change, efficiency and morale among team members.
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with others
• Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds