Settlement Manager - Real Estate
We are looking for a talented Settlement Manager to run the Settlements Department for our rapidly growing residential real estate client to oversee all property acquisitions and sale closings. Competitive salary and benefits plan, a great team to work with, and a casual dress office. Newly renovated offices allow for a proper social distanced work environment. Sales have continued to grow over the last several years with a significant increase over the past year.
The Settlement Manager will be responsible for supervising all staff in the Settlements Department while ensuring that all acquired properties go to market and settlement in a smooth and timely fashion. The Settlement Manager will be responsible for creating a high level of customer service within the Settlements Department by developing appropriate processes and procedures. The Settlement Manager will create a team environment and collaborate with the Sales Department to ensure clear communication and a positive environment. This position is fast-paced and requires significant multi-tasking.
- Responsible for supervising and training Settlement Coordinators/Processors.
- Create and ensure a high level of customer service through follow up with customers.
- Audit Settlement files to ensure that processes and procedures are being followed.
- Review contracts and ensure proper contract ratification.
- Develop settlement processes and training to ensure that all Settlement team members are proactive in resolving customer problems and settlement delays.
- Interact and coordinate with Construction Department to ensure that properties settle in a timely fashion.
- Get properties on market by listing the properties in the MLS.
- Reviewing HUD Settlement statements prior to settlement and ensure accuracy.
- Assist in the company’s market expansion by conducting new market research, locating and retaining new title companies, etc.
- Function as a player/coach, manager your own portfolio of properties while managing work from other team members.
- Manage relationships and settlements process with title company. Ensure that settlements are being processed properly and in a timely fashion.
- Make regular phone calls to realtors, lenders, buyers and sellers to ensure a smooth settlement process.
- Manage rental properties.
- Minimum 2 years management experience in the settlement/title industry; total of 5+ years in the real estate industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have good computer skills, be a quick learner, and be proficient with Microsoft Office.