Fantastic opportunity for a direct hire, Senior Accountant in Northern VA. For this Senior Accountant role, you will focus on improving efficiencies within monthly close, consolidation processes, and assistance with development of comprehensive financial reporting. Key emphasis is on defining and standardizing business processes before, during and following planned ERP system upgrade. Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in the country! It has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the past seven years. Growth over the past 3 years alone has been over 300%. This company provides comprehensive enterprise risk management solutions to organizations operating in high-risk, highly-regulated environments and organizations that value risk mitigation. Apply Today!
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
• Sr. Accountant will work closely with the CFO and Controller to understand and support departmental goals of a faster month-end close, while maintaining high quality and transparency of records.
• Ensure daily posting of applied payments to all operating companies.
• Scope, standardize and shorten review of the month-end reconciliation files.
• Review and standardize format and timing of all the recurring entries.
• Assist with preparation of financial flash report.
• Assist with data migration in planned ERP upgrade from QuickBooks Online (QBO) to Intacct.
• Refine and own the process of regular intercompany postings and reconciliations in QBO to minimize month-end bottlenecks.
• Identify and set up all reconciliation files for new operating units.
• Assist with annual audits with external auditors.
• Other duties as assigned
Senior Accountant Requirements:
Education: Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA certification is a plus. Minimum of 8 years hands-on financial/accounting experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
• Excellent technical and computer skills (in particular advanced Excel)
• Strong accounting systems and month-end close knowledge
• ERP implementation experience (MS Dynamics, Intacct, Netsuite) highly desired
• Experience with 3rd party platforms (i.e., Expensify, Bill.com) reconciliations
• Must have intercompany and consolidated reporting experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Can do attitude and intellectual curiosity is a must