Our client is currently looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to support their team at Headquarters in Herndon, VA. This position is open only to candidates with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. This is a direct hire position.
Specific duties include:
- Provide full life-cycle contract management including: Develop, negotiate, administer and close out Government Agency contracts and task orders. Manage a number of key contracts supporting company operating groups and ensure compliance with contracts policies, procedures, operating practices and department standards to ensure successful program execution within requirements and organization objectives.
- Provide program development support, including customer relationship management, assistance with work statements and review/submission of technical/cost proposals.
- Prepare, negotiate and administer various contract agreements (e.g. Non-disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, etc.) and the interpretation of contractual language and provisions.
- Serve as a primary interface between the firm and the Agency or Prime Contractor Contracting Officers for contract and proposal financial management issues, including developing timely and actionable solutions that balance the interests of both our firm and its customers; monitor assigned programs for contract terms; support contract and financial tracking/reporting.
- Work directly with technical and program management staff to facilitate the resolution of any contract and/or program issues, serve as a resource to the Chief Financial Officer and senior management, on any procurement and contracting matters.
- Foster collaborative working relationship with a wide range of stakeholders to include Program Teams, Operations, Program Control, Pricing, Sales, Procurement, Finance, Human Resources, and Government contracting personnel.
- The Federal Contracts Manager, is an individual contributor, who must have a solid understanding of statutory and regulatory rules that govern federal contracting.
- This position requires an individual who has in-depth knowledge of the various aspects of US Federal Government contracting to include proposal development; negotiations, administration, and contract close-out.
- 10+ years of experience or the equivalent in job-relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience in contract negotiation/administration
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving complex contract and business issues.
- Ability to summarize/synopsize contract analysis during contract performance for management consideration.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and negotiating skills including ability to interact with all levels of staff from administrative to executive.
- Strong to excellent analytical, communication, team building, leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to resolve and work through team conflicts and use the synergistic power of teamwork and team planning to achieve positive results and outcomes for the business.
- Thorough understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Supplemental Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards, and preparing Cost and Business Management proposals.
- Experience with all forms of government solicitations (RFP, RFQ, and other forms) and managing all forms of government contracts (Cost-type, FFP, T&M ID/IQ contracts, GWACS, and GSA Multiple Award Schedules), including reviewing and understanding pricing, representations and certifications, and subcontracting issues.
- Experience analyzing, formulating, negotiating contract documents such as, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Teaming Agreements (TAs), etc. Post graduate work, or contracts related certification(s) a plus.
- Clearance: For this position, we will only consider applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.