Looking for something new? Don’t miss this direct hire
, Director of Tax
position with a rapidly growing PE backed, pre-IPO, data analytics/cyber security firm
in Tyson’s Corner, VA.
As the Director of Tax,
you will be responsible for the design and execution of all tax programs and filings in accordance with international, federal, state and local tax treaties and laws. As the Director of Tax, you will work with external tax firm partners and across the finance function to ensure timely and accurate tax accounting and filings including income, property, sales, employee withholdings and M&A related taxes. The ideal candidate has experience developing tax programs independently and has experience with Big 4 or similar tax and accounting firms. Competitive Salary, flexible PTO, paid holiday days and more! Apply Today. Washington DC metro only candidates!
Director of Tax Responsibilities
Director of Tax Qualifications:
- Designs, executes, and maintains tax programs and strategies, including the evaluation of tax operations in the context of hyper growth, use of internal staff versus outsourced vendors and evaluating tax strategies for new jurisdictions or locations.
- Coordinates, prepares and submits quarterly and annual tax filings internally and with external tax firm partners. Works with accounting to collect data and reconcile general ledgers. Performs analysis to estimate tax provisions, reconciles differences in balance and carryover, and identifies opportunities for tax savings, credits or deferrals. Works within the company or with external tax firm partners to file tax returns and extensions and ensures proper documentation and support for filings.
- Ensures tax processes and statements are compliant with GAAP, income tax accounting standards (ASC 740), and are compliant with SOX and other internal control practices.
- Performs tax technical research and documents all tax policies and positions. Monitors evolving tax regulatory and accounting methods to ensure compliance and best practices are implemented in tax policies. Monitors non-standard and unusual tax transactions. Escalates highly complex tax issues to external tax firm partners for further analysis.
- Works with SEC reporting professionals to ensure taxes and tax disclosures are properly documented in financial statements. Works across finance to address tax implications for acquisitions and divestitures. Works with payroll and reviews withholdings and tax set-ups to ensure compliance.
- Acts as the point-of-contact and oversees examinations or audits of taxes by tax authorities. Oversees and manages the relationship and services provided by external tax firm partners.
- Leads the US tax practice and acts as an ambassador and change agent across finance and the company to improve the understanding and accounting practices for tax for a pre-IPO company preparing an initial public offering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Tax plus 9 years of related experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 7 years of related experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with expert proficiency in ASC 740 and other tax accounting requirements and standards
- At least three years’ experience managing a tax function
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 12 years of experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 10 years of related experience
- Experience with NetSuite
- Five years of experience performing tax and accounting with Big 4 or similar firms
- Tax experience with public companies