Highly respected Washington, DC
is seeking a Director of Investments
. This role reporting to the Chief Investment Officer and supervising a team of investment professionals, manages and implements all of the accounting and data management processes for the University’s Investment Office, which oversees approximately $2.5 billion in university assets. Some of the most significant responsibilities include contributing to the university’s audit, handling millions of dollars of cash transfers for investments, and preparing reports for the Board of Directors Finance & Investment. This person manages a small team and interacts with several members of the Financial Affairs Office.
Compensation will be around $200k salary plus bonus
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Performs all tasks related to completing the university’s audit, including helping with the footnotes of the financial statements.
- Performs all movements of cash for investments and tracks them in the Investment Office database
- Conducts the onboarding of all new investments
- Enters all investment transactions into the university’s general ledger on a monthly basis
- Saves and organizes all documents related to the university’s investments
- Inputs and maintains a wide variety of files that are used to generate reports and reviewed frequently by the investment team.
- Oversees all Investment Office information systems and ensure they are in good proper working order, updated on a timely basis, and serve as the primary contact for external vendors.
- Creates a variety of reports for the investment team and the Board of Directors – in a timely and accurate manner and an aesthetic that is satisfying to the end user.
- Manages the relationship with the university’s custodian, as well as with each of our investment managers and the university’s broker.
- Manages the office supplies and IT systems and prepares and delivers the office budget for the CIO on a monthly basis.
- The ideal candidate is incredibly detail-oriented and capable of managing many deliverables at the same time with tight deadlines. This person has a lot of autonomy to manage the operations aspect of the Investment Office and as such requires an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as this position interacts with many other members of the university and serves as the face of the University for our external investment managers and bank custodian.
- Tech-savvy creative problem solver. The successful candidate has experience and a high comfort level with a wide range of technology solutions.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong background in accounting and audit experience is highly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of investment concepts such as performance calculation, investment risk measurement, and terminology are highly preferred. Ideally the candidate will have a working knowledge of all aspects of the investment industry from an asset allocator’s perspective.
- High tolerance for manual entry work within software system.
- Minimum seven years of experience working in the investment management industry in an operations role.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. CPA strongly preferred.