Our client is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution for higher education who is seeking a permanent Payroll Accountant (Accounts Payable Specialist with Payroll experience). This is a direct hire opportunity with yearly compensation in the range of $55K-$60K. This role is currently remote but the candidate must be able to work in the Fairfax, VA location.
**Must have Payroll experience. Payroll experience is the key component for this role as well as a solid understanding and experience with Accounts Payable. Ideal candidate would be an AP Specialist or Staff Accountant with 3-5 years of payroll experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 3-5 years accounts payable
- 3- 5 years of Payroll experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills