Our client who is a Software company (education technology company ~$700M revenue) in Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Accountant. They are looking for an extremely sharp candidate for a 6 month engagement. Compensation is in the range of $40-$50/per hour.
: DC, currently remote
: through financial close in February 2021 with potential to extend
2) SaaS/technology industry experience
3) exposure to revenue accounting (ASC 605 or 606)
** Two of the three may be acceptable.
Existing is an elite team of CPAs with former public accounting experience, the client is looking for a culture fit. Must be a multitasker who is adaptable to an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, remarkably communicative, professional, detail-oriented, and result-driven.
- 6 people on revenue team including the Director, 2 experienced managers (PwC alumni) will be getting into more technical work.
- 10-15% technical accounting; 30% monthly/quarterly/yearly close; 40% cyclical tasks (interim testing for external financial statement audits, interim testing for statutory audits, etc.); remaining are ad hoc and side projects
- Advance Excel skills are critical, heavy data manipulation using spreadsheets
- Some areas of responsibility include deferred revenue, contract review, royalties for third-party integration, international sales commissions, COGS, licensing
- Video interview with Director and one other member of the team