Cordia Resources is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant
for an establish non-profit in Washington DC
This position will assume a wide range of accounting responsibilities related to all areas of accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management and the general ledger and will report directly up to the Controller.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Preparation of general ledger entries and bank entries
- Prepare account reconciliations and allocations including bank reconciliations, employee benefits reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, and other balance sheet accounts
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Prepare weekly payment processing batches (checks & ACHs)
- Prepare year-end 1099 filings and maintain 1099 and W-9 for vendors
- Obtain applicable approvals for all invoices, match with underlying support, and prepare invoice batches
- Reconcile vendor statements and research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practice
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for external auditors
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years of progressive work-related experience in performing full cycle non-profit accounting.
- Prior experience with Great Plains, Intacct, or similar accounting systems
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel experience (V-lookups, pivot tables, SUMIF formulas, etc.)
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare
program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.