One of our clients, a high growth startup software company based in the Washington, DC metro area, is looking for their first Learning and Development Manager. The Learning and Development Manager
will report to the Chief People Officer and will be based in Tysons Corner, VA.
The client is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Learning and Development Manager to develop and lead high-quality training and development programs for our company. This position will report directly to our Chief People Officer and be responsible for leading and developing onboarding, manager training, new hire training bootcamps, compliance and other training programs as needed.
If you have a passion for developing learning programs from scratch and have a strong desire to roll up your sleeves to get things done, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Work closely with the HR and leadership team to develop world-class training programs across onboarding, management training, new hire bootcamps, and future learning and development initiatives
- Improve and iterate on current onboarding curriculum
- Create, deliver, and maintain training for managers, including new manager training
- Measure training effectiveness and routinely refresh and improve training content
- Work across all departments to assist with any training and compliance efforts
- 5+ years of experience creating, delivering, and maintaining learning and development programs for a fast-paced technical company
- Experience managing onboarding programs
- Experience delivering management training
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to connect with a wide range of audiences, including technical and senior staff
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous management experience preferred