The Operations Associate is responsible for the operations of the front office and providing support to the Manager, Operations in completing clerical and administrative tasks related to the functionality of the organization.
Meeting/Conference Services Management
- Greet and welcome visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Schedule and maintain President & CEO and conference room calendars.
- Order and organize supplies, file paperwork, recycles, etc.
- Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies.
- Maintain the upkeep of office equipment including computers, copier, fax, telephones, etc.
- Assist with preparing documents for Board meetings, trainings, and other meetings
- Assist with securing locations for conferences, trainings and special events
- Assist with coordinating volunteers and vendors for special events.
- Schedule event and meeting travel for management and staff, as needed.
- Assist with communicating with property manager/process maintenance requests.
- Draft bi-monthly board meeting minutes for President & CEO and board approval.
- Provide comprehensive admin support to Manager of Operations.
- Organize and maintain front office space, lobby, conference rooms, kitchen, production room, and other public space in office.
- Assist with Account Receivable and Account Payable processes
- Assist with organizing backup and materials for Grant reporting
- Coordinate meeting booking, cancellation, and postponement orders for conference room rentals.
- Plan and coordinate all activities to successfully execute meetings and conferences, including being the key contact for third party vendors.
- Obtain Pepco Conference Room request orders, book meeting rooms and send confirmations to clients.
- Process and set up all other additional requests such as room set-up, catering needs and audio-visual device requirements.
- Prepare, print and collate necessary meeting documents, name tents, etc.
- Assist in marketing efforts of conference room rental.
- Assist with registration and invitations for all events.
- Track registration and make calls as necessary to ensure high turnout.
- Assist overseeing registration desk at all events.
- Assist with collection of registration fees for all events.
- Input registrants into SharePoint after program.
- Assist with program follow up tasks, as needed.
Strong Writing Skills, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication, Account Payable and Account Receivable Experience preferred.