Our client, a leading defense contractor, is looking for an Senior Accountant to join their growing team on a Contract-to-Hire basis.
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules
- To prepare and monitor monthly close schedule
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Analyze revenues, and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately and in accordance with company policy
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and perform research as required.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with financial and tax audits (Federal, State and Local Taxes).
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assist with monthly management reports; analyzing and correcting discrepancies
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with full cycle accounting experience
- Hands on experience using Deltek’s Costpoint
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work