CORDIA is a locally owned, top-ranked Executive/Professional Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by ex-CFOs, Veteran Recruiting Experts and Accounting Firm Partners. With three local offices (Washington, DC, Rockville, MD and Vienna, VA) we are well-positioned to help any level of client or job seeker.
One of our clients - a growing and profitable development organization - is recruiting for a Financial Analyst to help manage budgeting, forecasting and maintaining the profit & loss statements.
- Assist the VP, Finance with daily transactions, processes and compliance; including - financial reporting, general ledger and budgeting/forecasting.
- Play a significant role in quarter-end and year-end closing, completing analyses and reconciliations for the development and property management companies.
- Assist with budgeting/forecasting process and projects.
- Prepare quarterly financial and management reports including tracking key metrics and loading trial balance activity from Yardi to PeopleSoft/Workday for Property Management.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external financial statements, budgets, forecasts, annual audits and tax returns, project related/required reports; preparing work product as required.
- Prepare certain periodic reconciliations and analysis as required.
- Assist in producing monthly and quarterly financial and management reports, including support for Board materials.
- Assist in the maintenance of the books and records for all legal entities which include the corporate entities, projects under rehabilitation, operating entities, and the corporate general partners.
- Analyze, research, reconcile and resolve variances between budgeted/forecasted and actual results.
- Interact with auditors and assist in providing accurate and timely information.
- Assist with the corporate financial reporting functions of the organization. This includes preparing preliminary analysis, helping coordinate, draft reports and other tasks associated with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close and internal and external financial reporting processes.
- Load trial balance activity from Yardi to PeopleSoft/Workday for Property Management
- Assist with the preparation of cost allocations. Provide support and backup for allocated expenses.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required.
- Some traditional accounting experience is required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting and customary disclosure requirements to aid in external audit process and preparation of financial statements.
- Experience preparing budgets and forecasts and performing financial analysis is required.
- Proficient with Excel and Word and ability to quickly learn new software and systems required.
- WorkDay system experience is helpful.
- Strong financial, analytical, organizational, and quantitative skills, and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- $70,000 - $75,000 total compensation to start
- Generous benefits, 401k match
- Remote flexibility