Manager of Quality Measurement
Our client is a healthcare non-profit located in downtown Washington, DC and they are seeking to bring on a resource for a 3-month long contract. Compensation is in the range of $35-$37 per hour based on experience.
The Manager of Quality Measurement will execute projects related to quality measurement, including but not limited to consensus development and measure selection. The Manager is specifically responsible for guiding and executing on day-to-day aspects of research, environmental scans, measure reviews, and project deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop synopses or summaries of research findings specifically relevant to the project scope; and
- Perform environmental scans for existing measures, current use of measures in programs, best practices, or clinical care guidelines.
- Review measures under consideration for evaluation and selection and provide preliminary recommendations and strategic direction for committee review.
- Work with project management staff to ensure that all projects adhere to the standard processes and standard work; contribute insights for continuous quality improvement.
- Direct and/or produce meeting materials, memos, draft and final reports.
- Work with the project lead to help facilitate portions of committee meetings, webinars and conference calls.
- Work with project management staff to ensure that the work completed by project team (i.e. Analysts, Senior Managers, Senior Directors/Directors, subcontractors) is completed on time.
- Work with project management staff and project leadership to manage and monitor assigned budgets and project databases (i.e., OPUS, SmartSheet, SharePoint).
- Work with project management staff to track and report project milestones and develop monthly status reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience; Health Professional degree (i.e.RN, NP, PA) is a bonus
- Master's Degree in a related field (i.e. MPH, MSHA, MHA, MS) with a least three years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, public health, health IT or health policy, performance measurement and/or quality improvement
- Experience with meeting facilitation and working with/convening multi-stakeholder groups
- Experience working in a non-profit membership or consensus-based organization preferred
- Demonstrated success in project management is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of quality measurement and federal quality programs a plus
- Demonstrated skills in research (e.g. identifying key questions to be answered by research and distilling key themes and messages from findings)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Demonstrated analytical ability and sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail