Awesome opportunity for a direct-hire Billing Specialist with strong government contracting and Deltek Costpoint experience! Our client is an award winning, fast growing, 8A Government Contractor with their headquarters in Arlington, VA. (Candidates must be local to area). This Billing Specialist position is 100% REMOTE until Spring 2021, and reports to a fantastic Controller. The Billing Specialist position would have hybrid situation for in office and remote in the future. The right candidate will be involved with 50-75% on billing/invoicing with other responsibilities as needed. Compensation is base of $65K-90K + bonus, depending on experience. The company continues to do well, win contracts, and grow their team.
Billing Specialist Responsibilities:
Billing Specialist Requirements:
- Responsible for supporting Program Managers in the preparation and analysis of project financial and scheduling data and other complex contract (CPFF, FFP, FFPLOE, T&M, etc.), project or business related task.
- Prepares project cost/schedule baselines, weekly preparation of management financial reports, preparation of monthly program review.
- Generates and submits invoices and tracks status with high level of accuracy.
- Interfaces with all functional levels of the program team to develop status schedule requirements.
- Works to establish and control program budgets.
- Participates in managing cost and schedule performance through analysis of performance metrics and projections.
- Reports cost and schedule performance to senior management.
- Works on the analysis of budgeting and costs on the contract and associated reports and spending plans.
- Works to ensure compliance with internal procedures and government procurement regulations.
- Provides weekly and monthly transactional and pricing support to programs.
- Performs complex financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs.
- Monitors progress of program requirements.
- Maintains contract budgets, prepares contract billing, estimates materials, equipment, production costs and delivery schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 4-7 years of cost/project accounting experience and/or experience in the billing function within a government contracting environment
- Strong knowledge of Deltek CostPoint
- Significant understanding of CPFF, FFP, FFPLOE, T&M contracts
- Experience managing high volume of billing/invoicing functions
- Experience with Microsoft products (specifically Excel)
- Demonstrated experience working with big data sets and possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, SUMIF).
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Lead projects at this level, requiring responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others’ work product.
Job ID: 13902224MA