Our client is a dynamic Software/Tech company
, located in the College Park area of Maryland. The company has over 20 offices around the world and 4,000+ employees. The company is seeking a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting,
with the ideal candidate possessing 7-10 years of accounting experience (Big-4 preferred) with a CPA. This person will be responsible for M&A initiatives/special projects, quarterly financial statements, and year end audited financials, among other duties, with the opportunity to shift into other, varying responsibilities. This person will report to the Assistant Controller and be part of a nimble Accounting/Finance department.
This role offers compensation around $125-145k and 10% bonus
, depending on experience.
- Manage preparation financial reports and analysis for select financial statement lines items as necessary for internal and external reporting.
- Consolidate schedules for financial reporting, including translating any foreign denominated balances into USD.
- Ensure incoming schedules tie to the financial statements and that explanations are reasonable and properly supported.
- Support our IFRS conversion project and any ad-hoc projects including potential M&A initiatives and special projects.
- Manage preparation of quarterly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, equity statement, and supporting footnotes).
- Collaborate with other internal teams such as finance, legal and international accounting teams as needed.
- Ensure that audit schedules are prepared and proactively respond to auditor questions and resolve audit issues.
- Assist with technical accounting research and prepare draft accounting issue papers to support the Company’s accounting, and document other ad hoc projects as needed
- Create and maintain internal controls and other process documentation.
- Assist month-end close team to reconcile intercompany balances, update debt rollforward, prepare journal entries and complete other month-end close tasks as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 7+ years of experience, preferably within Big-4 public accounting
- Understanding of foreign currency impact on financial reporting preferred.
- CPA, preferred
- Netsuite software, preferred