Great opportunity for an experienced Controller
in Washington, DC
. For this direct hire position
, you will be responsible for ensuring the integrity, timeliness, and accuracy of all the financial reporting requirements of the organization ranging from the annual audit to the 990 (990T). This position will directly supervise a team of five. You will work closely with a wide variety of business partners. The ability to be an effective business partner within the organization is a key element of success.
The Controller position reports to the CFO with direct oversight of monthly and annual close processes, cash flow operations and reporting, ERP systems administration, accounting policies and procedures, and annual audit support and compliance. Additionally, as Controller, you will work with the FP&A operations finance team in providing insights into financial results and assist in preparing any financial statements and ad-hoc analysis as needed. Our client offers fantastic benefits. This kind of opportunity won’t last long. Apply today!
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance related disciplines, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience with financial reporting, external audit support and preparation, understanding of US GAAP and how to research and interpret codifications and new pronouncements, analyze variances on financials and articulate explanations
- 5+ years of managing banking relationships, transactions, and treasury processes in a corporate setting
- 5+ years of progressive managerial experience
- Experienced in integration of all sales reporting data from supporting sales system
- Active CPA license
- Effective oral and written communication skills (concise, team leader with a positive nature)
- Ability to mentor and develop staff by providing consistent feedback, inclusive decision making and support
- Experienced in ERP conversions and upgrades as well as advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with external advisors (consultants and accountants)
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow.