Our client is a well-known boutique CPA/Accounting firm in the Laurel area and is a premier tax and accounting services firm serving the DC metropolitan area. We work proactively with closely held and middle market companies though their business lifecycle to provide tax, accounting, consulting and outsourcing services. We are a diverse firm that understands the needs of growing businesses and endeavors to find effective solutions that position our clients to address the challenges they face at each stage of growth
- Prepare business and individual federal and state tax returns.
- Identify tax issues and work with Managers to determine the best tax treatment
- Understand business transactions and perform tax research to determine the correct tax treatment and reporting
- Respond to IRS inquiries on behalf of clients and assist with tax audits
- Assess and communicate the impact of enacted and proposed legislation internally and to clients
- Review financial statements to ensure that they accurately represent the results of operation
- Maintain highest quality of service to client by developing a thorough understanding of clients’ business and staying abreast of tax law changes.
- BS-Accounting or equivalent, CPA or CPA track preferred.
- Must have 4+ years of progressive experience in public accounting.
- Must have solid working knowledge of individual/estate/trust tax preparation, review and research.
- Proficiency in tax compliance/consulting and US GAAP.
- Knowledge of tax and accounting software and technology.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.