Cordia Partners provides a tailored approach to serving our clients with bottom-line results. This position is critical in supporting one of our clients with all facets of operational accounting (GL, AP, AR, payroll and reconciliations), to include assisting in the preparation of the monthly financial package (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement, etc.). On an annual basis, responsibilities include 1099 preparation, assisting with year-end financial statements, annual 990 support, and annual audit support. Given the nature of our company, this position will also be actively engaged in the ongoing transition of platforms and products needed to support the growth of our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Month-End-Close for but not limited to the following journal entries:
- Certification Revenue for GBCI/ARC/Europe/India/Canada
- Organization’s Membership Revenue
- Opex Accruals for all entities
- Review Fees
- Prepaid Schedules
- Depreciation Schedules
- Deferred Event Revenue and Expenses
- Maintain Intercompany Recs and prepare Interco Invoices
- Grant Revenue
- Assist with Annual Audit
- Assist with Filing 990 IRS Tax Form
- Assist with AR especially maintaining unapplied and open AR reconciliations.
- Assist with AP where needed (This position works w/ AP closely due to Month-End accruals)
- Assist with other Accounting tasks assigned by the VP/Director of Finance
Optional Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- Utmost discretion, strong ethics
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers and financial statements
- Understanding of key not-for-profit concepts, such as Net Assets, Functional Expenses, SEFA reporting, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of SAP Accounting System
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and client requirements
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- CPA license preferred
- Intacct Accounting System
- QuickBooks Accounting System
- Project Accounting experience
- Experience with Positive Pay
- Experience processing and reviewing payroll
- Experience with Bill.com or similar system
- Supervisory experience
- Experience as an auditor
Cordia is committed to maintaining a strong culture of values. We are proud of our CARES
core values, which our entire staff has embraced:
ommunity – We care about the community by supporting organizations that align with our values through outreach, volunteerism, and employee engagement.
dvancement – We are dedicated to personal and professional advancement and development.
espect – We promote trust, collaboration, humility, and respect throughout our organization.
thics & Integrity – We are committed to following the highest professional standards of integrity and ethical conduct in all of our activities, with honesty, and accountability, in the best interest of our firm and clients.
ervice – We listen to our clients to ensure we understand their goals and deliver solutions, on time and on budget, that provides current and future value.