A stable non-profit organization in Washington, DC seeks an AP Staff Accountant
. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the ideal AP Staff Accountant
will fully manage 1099s and the full AP Process. Candidates should be experienced, reliable, and analytical.
AP Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
AP Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Review payment requests for proper supporting documentation including invoices, authorization and approval, and coding.
- Identify, investing and resolve any missing items or discrepancies.
- Manage payment inquiries with vendors while communicating clearly what information is needed.
- Accurately enter voucher data into Sage Intaact and other AP systems and electronically attach supporting documents to system vouchers.
- Accurately and completely process all payment requests, check disbursements and electronic payments.
- Manage the vendor set up process including matching of vendor tax id numbers with the IRS TIN Matching System and obtaining W-9 or W-8 tax forms.
- Manage the 1099 process, including, identifying those vendors that require 1099s, coding vendor invoices as taxable and non-taxable, and annual issuance of 1099 forms.
- 5 years of experience in AP in a non-profit, association, or government agency.
- Experience with Federal grants and contracts and understanding of allowable and unallowable costs.
- Experience and understanding of generally accepted accounting priciples.
- 1099 experience.
- Analytical skills to understand and apply accounting policy daily while prioritizing a workload of 100+ invoices per week.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic required, as well as strong organizational and time management skills.