Our client in Tyson’s Corner, VA
is looking for a direct hire
, Director of Internal Audit
position with a rapidly growing PE backed, pre-IPO, data analytics/cyber security firm
. As Director of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for the design and execution of all internal audit programs for a private technology company preparing for an initial public offering (IPO). The Director of Internal Audit will work across the finance function and with external auditors to ensure the design, execution and maintenance of effective internal controls and audits and compliance with all accounting and auditing rules and standards. The ideal candidate has experience in developing an audit function for public companies and experience with Big 4 or similar accounting and auditing firms. Competitive Salary, flexible PTO, paid holiday days and more! Apply Today. Washington DC metro only canddiates!
Director of Internal Audit Responsibilities
- Designs, executes, and maintains comprehensive global risk assessments and audit programs including complex performance, operational, financial, and information systems audit activities. Maintains compliance with all internal audit, SOX, COSO, GAAP and SEC exchange rules and standards. Proactively identifies changes to the business to maintain a continuously maturing risk assurance framework.
- Oversees and performs the full audit cycle including risk management, operational controls and effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations. Leads the development and execution of the company’s annual Audit Plan and 404 Certification and compliance processes. Analyzes, plans and implements quality assurance and audit process improvement programs through use of technology, data analytics, and best practices.
- Provides risk assessment, insight, analysis and advisory leadership that enhances corporate governance and risk management. Partners with management to facilitate the adoption of best practices in accounting and auditing process improvement, governance, risk, and internal controls.
- Conducts complex independent analyses to determine the reliability and integrity of information, compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations, safeguarding of assets, and process efficiencies.
- Works with external audit to complete annual or quarterly audits, incorporate recommendations into risk and audit programs, identify opportunities to leverage internal audit activities into external audits, and streamline the external audit process.
- Partners with Legal and HR leadership in internal investigations and remediation. Communicates overall planning, recommendations and strategic direction to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Maintains independence and ethical standards in all work activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 9 years of related experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 7 years of related experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with substantial experience in GAAP, SOX, COSO, and internal controls
- Experience with documenting 302 certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 12 years of experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 10 years of related experience
- Experience with NetSuite
- Five years of experience performing auditing or accounting with Big 4 or similar firms
- Experience in developing internal controls for a pre-IPO or public company