Our client is seeking Senior JAVA/J2EE Engineer for a multi-year contract to support the ongoing modernization and maintenance of the CBP (Custom and Border Protection) information systems, using JAVA/J2EE.
- Design and implement J2EE software applications in Weblogic\ WebSphere Application Server \JBoss
- Use modern software engineering tools and methodologies including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), and Atlasian Products (Jira, Confluence)
- Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
- Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- EJBS or Spring
- Web services
- Unix/ Linux
- J2EE Server experience (like Weblogic\Websphere\JBOSS\etc.)
- Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions.
- Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components.