Out Arlington, VA-based client has recently selected OneStream for their Financial Consolidation and Close solution. This is a new implementation and you will play a critical role in this project and will be the system's owner. The Business Systems team supports all financial applications and you will be the SME for OneStream on this team. You must have prior experience of Financial Consolidation processes and experience as the technical administrator for a consolidation tool. Ideally, you will have OneStream experience, but we are also open to candidates with experience in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
This is a brand new position and a fantastic opportunity for you to make a real impact upon joining. While acting as the technical admin, you will also drive the long-term roadmap and strategy for OneStream.
- Create and maintain user security and access rights, organization and entity structures, chart of accounts, mapping translations, reports, reporting categories for actual, budget, forecast, etc. in OneStream.
- Generate on-demand analysis/reports for management in OneStream.
- Develop and maintain ad-hoc financial reports using advanced tools available in OneStream.
- Create new and maintain existing dashboards in OneStream, enabling analysis for FP&A team members and enterprise-wide stakeholders.
- Create Excel templates linked to OneStream, which are used to load data related to actuals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Maintain metadata structure in the OneStream application.
- Troubleshoot OneStream system issues and provide solutions.
- Create and provide OneStream system training, assistance, and ad-hoc support for stakeholders across the organization.
- Identify financial planning and reporting process gaps and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Support system upgrades upon release from OneStream
- Update and maintain system documentation to keep up with updated solutions.
- Identify system/process inefficiencies and develop further automation to address inefficiencies.
- Test system changes to ensure quality, control, and reliability.
- Interview end-users to identify potential process improvements, implement, and document requirements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of hands-on financial systems experience i.e. OneStream, Hyperion, or similar
- Strong Excel skills and experience with PowerPoint & Word
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Curiosity to question processes and drive change
- Analytical capabilities and ability to spot anomalies and mistakes in the financial statements, at the individual entity level, and at the company level
- Experience implementing OneStream or Hyperion reporting software
- Experience gathering system requirements, maintaining documentation, and system testing
- Experience writing VB.NET programming, SQL queries, and Excel macros.
- Corporate finance or accounting experience in areas such as close consolidation, financial reporting, financial planning & budgeting