Your NEW Senior Accountant
opportunity is here! We are looking for an exceptional Senior Accountant
for a direct hire/ full-time opportunity in Rockville, MD. For this position, we are looking for a self-starter and someone with the ability to identify issues, recommend solutions and implement resolutions. If you meet the qualifications below, apply now! Opportunities like this don’t last long.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Under limited supervision, but following established policies and procedures, is responsible for preparing and generating accurate financial reports for the Controller and/or Management and/or outside vendors, CPA’s and/or auditors.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations and analysis, journal entries, bank statement reconciliations, and various accounting reports and analysis.
- Works with Accounts Payable Associate to ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable transactions including preparing analysis of vendor contracts and costs.
- Performs a variety of complex and routine accounting related tasks.
- Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from clients, vendors and internal staff.
- College degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting, budgeting, AP/AR and accounting project management/reporting
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and the Internet.
- Proficient experience with Accounting software (Deltek, Solomon, Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains), and Microsoft Office w/ strong Excel skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail and ability to produce quality and accurate work within required timelines
- Ability to work with highly confidential information, take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting