The Corporate IT Manager is responsible for providing a vision for our long-term systems needs to support operations and achieve business objectives. Handles multiple applications, systems, network, and/or telecommunications activities. Manages information systems throughout the organization. May include programming, analysis, networking, data processing, and/or administration responsibilities. Resolves technical problems. Researches and recommends technology. Coordinates information system priorities.
- Oversees the daily operations of the corporate information systems team supporting our technology infrastructure at all locations, day-to-day customer support and service.
- Evaluates the technological and equipment needs of the organization to ensure effective use of company resources. Creates and presents business cases for major organizational purchases and changes.
- Sets short term objectives and long-term strategy for the Corporate IT function to support the execution of the overall company goals.
- Establishes priorities and develops policies, procedures, and standards that optimize efficiency.
- Negotiates contracts with infrastructure and cloud services providers.
- Stays up to date on emerging technologies and their potential application.
- Advise on technical strategies and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Determine the feasibility and potential value of proposed projects; make recommendations regarding priorities, cost/benefit analysis, systems planning and resource utilization.
- Assigns personnel and schedules workflow to facilitate production.
- Supports system administration for corporate systems such as billing and accounting systems, human resources and payroll.
- Analyzes performance indicators such as number of transactions per second, response time, and number of programs being processed to ensure system is operating efficiently.
- Leads training or trains personnel in operation of computers, mobile devices, and peripheral and off-line auxiliary equipment.
- Performs minor repairs and recommend upgrades to hardware and equipment.
- Primary Point of Contact for all infrastructure related ISO 20000, ISO 27001, and CMMC needs before, during, and after internal and external audits.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience with demonstrated increasing responsibilities within career path, or a combination of equivalent experience, training and education.
- Eligible for US Security Clearance
- ISO 27001 and ISO 20000 experience – desired
- Experience managing corporate IT infrastructure - required
- VOIP knowledge and experience – required
- Knowledge and experience in racking and cabling equipment in the Data Center – required
- Office 365 administration experience – required
- Deltek Costpoint administration experience - preferred
- Microsoft Systems Administration expertise: MCSA or MCSE - preferred