Are you a strong macro level thinker with a keen ability to make strategic decisions? Do you strive for continuous improvement, and hold a leadership team accountable for the success of an organization? Do you practice empathy and active listening, facilitate and advocate for your team, and build a culture of mutual trust? If you can use your strong work ethic and top-tier understanding of business and management to achieve data-driven results for a premier organization, then we want to talk to you!
Our ideal President/COO
- Focused, Trustworthy, Honest, Motivated, and Self-aware
- Adaptable - You are agile and tenacious, priding yourself on your flexibility and your ability to learn, unlearn & relearn complex strategies and processes.
- Collaborative - You value harmony, motivating and enabling the success of others and empowering other leaders towards success.
- Entrepreneurial - You can recognize opportunity & act upon it. You are a hands-on manager, but do not micromanage.
- Strategic - You are a critical thinker who is good at removing obstacles and barriers with your prioritization and organization skills. You can look at and beyond the data when making large scale decisions.
- Resourceful - You are someone who can roll up their sleeves, jump in and add value. You are a good problem solver who drives the stability of the organization.
Our culture values well-read leaders who have a heart. Our leadership team is mostly made up of extroverted energy, and we are looking for someone to balance us out with their keen self-awareness and logical prowess. You must be able to embrace the ever-changing government contracting arena with grace and excitement for the opportunity that it brings.
The job responsibilities of this President/COO
include, but are not limited to:
Finance and Operations
- Implement the vision and strategy of the CEO/Visionary, ensuring a consistent message throughout the organization
- Own the organizational vision, including goals, objectives, and issues, as defined on the V/TO, ensuring achievement of desired outcomes
- Lead, manage and hold VPs & leadership team accountable: Core Account Client Services, Strategic Account Client Services, Sales & Marketing, Finance Operations & Support (HR & Recruiting), and Technology Solutions (IT) & Quality
Management and HR
- Responsible for the organizational P&L
- Stay accountable for achieving revenue & profit targets, and organizational growth
- Develop strategies and structures to scale for growth
- Oversee the daily operations of the company
- Set comprehensive performance goals for growth in all departments
- Participate in expansion activities, including investments, acquisitions, and organic growth initiatives
- Manage customer relationship escalations for conflict resolution
- Keep a pulse on organizational culture and provide continuous feedback to the Visionary
- Collaborate with department heads to address needs and overcome obstacles
- Assist Visionary in developing strategic plans, and take responsibility for implementation
- 15+ years government IT contracting & leadership experience
- Experience managing P&L
- Experience transitioning a business from small to large in the Federal space
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning & business development
- Experience overseeing Finance Operations Support & HR
- Master’s in Business Administration
- COO experience
- Experience with M&A integrations
- Experience working for a company operating on EOS®
Company was created with a passion to serve our nation by providing unparalleled value in government contracting. Whether it is intelligent automation, custom agile software development, cloud solutions, or infrastructure security, our customer-first approach ensures we address our customers’ challenges with an innovative approach designed for their mission.
- Company stands out because of our culture and core values:
Join a fast-growing company with lots of opportunities to make your mark on our continued growth and success!
- Fast growing company (went from $1 to $50M in less than 48 months)
- Continued commitment to company growth
- Company is one of 25 firms in the world that has CMMI Level 5 V 2.1 designation in development software services
- One of Virginia’s Best Places to Work last 10 years in a row
- 3 years in Inc. 5000
- Committed to a work/life balance
- Annual company events, employee appreciation, Quarterly State of the Company address, team happy hours