Our Client, a leading Real Estate developer in the DC area, is looking for a Payroll Accountant to join their dynamic team. The Payroll Accountant is responsible for entering and reconciling all confidential payroll transactions and related payroll costs in the general ledger. This position will be required to access a variety of accounting software packages and Ultipro for Payroll. This position reports to the Vice President of Accounting and Finance.
- Prepares journal entries to record all payroll activity from payroll processing system.
- Reviews and analyzes payroll-related general ledger accounts and profit and loss statement to prepare required accruals or reclasses.
- Reconciles payroll-related assets and liabilities general ledger accounts monthly and researches and resolves any discrepancies to payroll reports.
- Prepares intercompany payroll cost allocations.
- Prepares audit schedules and assists with audit questions.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Performs accounting clerk and bookkeeping duties as required.
- Answer routine questions from internal and external clients.
- Back-up of the Payroll Manager for the processing of hourly and salary payroll.
- Assists in the preparation of annual payroll budget and reforecast information.
- Other related duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in accounting or finance from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with payroll software, preferably UKG.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably MRI, but not required.
- Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel). High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, required.