Check out this amazing Supervisor of Grants Accounting
position in Montgomery County, MD
. For this direct hire/ full-time
position, you will supervise a team of Grant Accountants, ensure sponsor reporting and billing are in compliance with existing regulations, and deadlines are met on a timely basis. We are looking for an energetic person with the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment. Opportunities like this don’t last long – Apply today!
Supervisor of Grants Accounting Responsibilities:
Supervisor of Grants Accounting Requirements:
- Provide consistent monitoring and evaluation of rules, regulations, and laws that govern grants and contracts with respect of incurring, reimbursing, and reporting costs under sponsored agreements.
- Work with Director of Grants and Contracts Accounting, Business Managers, and Director of the Office of Grants and Contracts to develop post-award operational policies and procedures.
- Work with the Director to establish procedures to ensure reporting and billing is both timely and accurate.
- Work closely with award setup and revenue management to ensure award data, billing, and reporting terms, as well as financial transactions are recorded accurately, and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible to ensure that all financial reports and invoices are prepared in accordance with federal and sponsor regulations.
- Serve as point-of-contact for any grant management system operational issues
- Develop and improve reporting in the grants management system for better and more efficient grants management.
- Review and update system job aids to ensure that they are complete, accurate, and current.
- Train end users and grant accountants in the financial system with focus on grants management.
- Serve as point of contact for external audits.
- Coordinate preparation of supporting documents for external audits to include the annual Single audit.
- Collect and analyze data from other departments, provide staff feedback, and evaluate service/department effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or related disciplines, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on grants, and contracts related work experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience, including performance evaluation reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand issues related to grant accounting and contracts
- Prior knowledge and experience with NIH grants and contracts preferred
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office and grant management reporting tools
- Experienced in ERP conversions and upgrades as well as advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to lead, mentor and train grants and contracts accounting staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills