Our client a cutting-edge robotics company (in business for 20 years) is looking for a UAV / Drone Software Engineer to work on state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle systems. Candidates will have ample opportunities to get their hands dirty testing their designs
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of software algorithms related to guidance, navigation, and control of advanced multirotor aerial vehicles.
- Software will support autonomous vehicle operations including navigation, path planning, obstacle avoidance, sensor processing, and perception.
- Indoor and outdoor testing of software running on multirotor aerial vehicles.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary development team, participating in team meetings, design reviews, brainstorming sessions, and testing events.
- Document activities, prepare tech reports, present results, and demonstrate system capabilities.
- Travel for field testing and project meetings may be required.
Desired Qualifications and Background:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree in the field of Robotics, Computer Science, or Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in industry or research
- Strong programming ability in C/C++
- Familiarity with Linux or other POSIX operating systems (Ubuntu and NuttX, specifically)
- Experience with open-source drone development tools and flight controllers (Pixhawk, PX4)
- Flight testing experience. FAA Part 107 certification a plus.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Familiarity with microcontroller programming or NVIDIA Jetson embedded platforms
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Sensor processing (LIDAR, image processing, stereo cameras, RADAR)
- Kalman Filtering as applied to GPS/INS or IMUs
- Localization, Mapping, SLAM
- Multirotor Flight Dynamics and Control