Our Client in Tyson's Corner, 2019 & 2020 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. is looking for a Vice President of Software Engineering.
In this role, you will leverage your background and expertise in software development, cloud architectures, and agile methodologies to internally drive the planning and delivery of our services and assist our clients with their technology roadmaps. The best candidates will have deep hands-on technical experience, proven business acumen, will be a champion of digital transformation, will mentor and lead technical teams, and will have experience building technical and business risk assessments, technical architectures covering a wide range of business opportunities, and will employ process improvements and governance models into a diverse range of software projects.
Your day to day:
- Lead the software development & DevOps organization.
- Lead an organization that delivers client software development projects in a timely manner while satisfying stakeholder requirements.
- Establish and maintain necessary standards and processes.
- Work closely with business unit leaders and key stakeholders during pre-sales activities and managing expectations during delivery.
- Maintain a hands-on work ethic helping delivery teams’ analysis and resolution of individual customer technical challenges.
- Be a champion for best practices and modern methods and tools for developing software (e.g. DevOps, continuous-release, agile, automated QA, the cloud).
- Recruit, develop, and retain exceptional technical talent.
- Work in a way consistent with company values: consultative sales-oriented, client-focused, responsive, and caring.
What your background looks like:
- Technical background – Someone who has come up through the development ranks with extensive hands-on experience including architecting high-performing applications, and a desire to continue learning about new technologies.
- Software development – Understands and has implemented modern software development best practices, including cloud-native architecture, agile methodologies, DevOps, CI/CD, QA Automation, and mobile-only / mobile-first approaches.
- No Task is too small – Willing to dive into our customers’ challenges and roll up sleeves to work on the technical nuances of a particular solution with your team.
- Background - A professional services company background preferred but a leading technical role in a Product company would also be acceptable.
- Broad experience - Has both start-up and large company experience.
- Team management and leadership – Has successfully led technical teams and is known to a be a good coach and mentor.
- Partnering – Has success operating in a matrix organization and working closely with business/product line leaders and a proven ability to collaborate and embrace a team-first orientation
- Distributed Resources – Has experience leading geographically distributed teams including off-shore and on-shore resources.
- Recruiting – Has a good talent network and track record of recruiting and evaluating talented engineers and developers.
- Communication skills – having excellent communication skills, written and spoken, as well as being an excellent listener are critical to this position.