Our client, a nonprofit organization that helps with management trainings for federal agencies, is looking to add a dynamic Staff Accountant to their team. This position will report directly to the Controller. This position is 100% remote for 2021, and hybrid in 2022. Salary for this position will be between $70,000-80,000.
• Support the accounting efforts, including accounts payable and accounts receivable; make payments and deposits, manage invoices.
• Track and report sales against the organization’s GSA contract.
• Support the Controller in the month-end and year-end closing process.
• Support the Controller in generating timely and accurate monthly financial statements.
• Support the Controller in reporting financials to external stakeholders, including foundations.
• Process weekly accounts payable by reviewing invoices, coding to appropriate account, issuing checks, and maintaining vendor files.
• Issue accounts receivable invoices in a timely and accurate manner, while providing weekly aging reports to departments and assisting with collection on invoices.
• Reconcile statements in a timely and accurate manner.
• Perform check and credit card deposits, including saving check copies and submitting payment information to the appropriate team in a timely and accurate manner.
• Complete state registrations and act as liaison to the state attorney general’s offices.
• Assist in preparing annual budgets.
• Assist with annual audit.
• Serve as back up to HR for processing payroll.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required.
• 3+ years of relevant accounting experience.
• A general understanding of GAAP required.
• Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience.
• Proficiency with MS Excel required.
• Nonprofit accounting experience a plus.
• Experience with federal government contracting preferred.
• Familiarity with Great Plains accounting software a plus.